Thursday 3 April 2014

story of smoker to non-smoker


You think you love to smoke and you think it is so important to your happiness, but when you quit smoking, you will find out that all that happiness associated with smoking is a lie.
                                                                 

Figure7   Smoking and Pregnancy. [Photograph] by Amiya Foster, Nov 26, 2013.adapted from
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=quitting%20smoking
Lesly's started smoking at the age of 19.Knowing all the pros and cons of smoking she made this foolish decision .She was the daughter of a heavy smoker who was addicted to smoking for 45 years .She herself was addicted to smoking from 26 years. During his addiction anxiety was his daily routine. She uses to smoke 2+ packets in a day. She quit smoking through smoking cessation forum .she work on the slogan, “if you want to change your life, change your mind.
I learned through practice how to accept urges as they came along and then let them go. It wasn't easy at first, but I got the hang of it, and that shift in perspective away from "fighting" to maintain my sobriety made it all so much more comfortable.
Some facts from Lesly’s LIFE before and after quitting smoke
Three years ago I was a desperate woman.

After quitting smoke                                     before quitting
I was desperate to quit smoking ---------- I was desperate to smoke.

I was sick to death of smoking --------------I loved to smoke.

I hated how I smelled ------------------------ I loved the smell of my smokes.

I hated the burn holes, fears, sickness ----I loved the rituals.









No comments:

Post a Comment